Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Multiprecision Arithmetic Library
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-10 16:06:12

>> I have a really nice one for numerical root finding in generic math.

> Root finding is good for an example, but I'm slightly wary
> because we have some nice boilerplate routines in Boost.Math
> for that which handle all the corner cases etc, and I'd rather folks
> called those routines than cut and paste from a - necessarily simplified - example?

Right!

>> Maybe we should stop where we are, as it's a pretty good
>> level, probably with enough examples for this stage in the game.

Yeah. Let's stop (Almost! See below).

> We probably have enough to be going on with: I might just add a
> polynomial evaluation example because it shows off the
> expression templates ability to eliminate temporaries very nicely! :-)

> Cheers, John.

I was playing around with polynomial expansions for my microcontroller
book. I just extended one to multiprecision. Very cool! In the attachment
is an order-63 polynomial expansion to sin(x pi/2) for -1 <= x <= 1.
It's good to go for better than 64 decimal digits of precision.