Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-11 13:00:36

Andrii wrote:
>Not sure, what you mean by "predicates points". Could you explain with an example?

I think he means he wants to supply his own point comparison and circle event comparison predicates rather than use the library provided ones because he thinks he can just use the epsilon method with floating point coordinates. I don't think that is a good idea.

Is it practical to use floating point coordinates with an epsilon method and have non-robust algorithm when you could snap to integer coordinates with rounding error less than your epsilon and get a robust algorithm with no significant runtime overhead?

Regards,
Luke