Subject: Re: [boost] [fixed_point] Request for interest in a binary fixed point library
From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-12 06:44:16

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> Le 12/04/12 01:45, Neal Becker a écrit :
>> Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

>>> Do you really need a run-time fixed-point library? If yes, what is your
>>> context of use.
>>>
>> I use if with python, but for the purpose of this discussion, we can probably
>> ignore run-time.
> Oh, I remember it now.Yes, I would prefer we concentrate in a
> compile-time solution.
>
> Vicente

Having said that, my main use case will be run-time, because I'm primarily using
hybrid python-c++ systems. So while we can plan a design of compile-time, I
want to always keep run-time in mind. If the boost solution does not support
run-time, I will need to convert it by hand. Hopefully that will not be
difficult.

At least whatever solution is proposed for boost, I hope some thought is given
to how it could be used or modified for runtime, and that would not be made more
difficult than necessary.