Subject: Re: [boost] [context/coroutine] split into two libs in trunk?!
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-14 07:58:36

Am 13.04.2012 18:05, schrieb Mathias Gaunard:

> Bryce Lelbach told me they didn't move to Boost.Context because it was
> slow and had significant scalability problems. I had asked him to give
> his experience during the Boost.Context review, but it seems he never
> did.

I did a performance test (included in my lib -> directory performance)
which measures the costs of a context jump.
the result of Giovannis Boost.Context and my implementation (whic hyou
told is slow and significant scalability problems):

CPU cycles per jump with enabled BOOST_ASSERT (1000 iterations, average
of 10 executions):
- Giovannis implementation : 561 cycles
- my implementation: 371 cycles

CPU cycles per jump with disabled BOOST_ASSERT (1000 iterations, average
of 10 executions):
- Giovannis implementation : 556 cycles
- my implementation: 337 cycles