Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] warning about non-virtual destructor - resolution?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-15 15:55:58

On 15 April 2012 20:00, Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that this warning shouldn't be dealt with within the
> shared_ptr framework, since it does seem to refer specifically to the
> boost::error_info's destructor.

The issue isn't just in exception, the warning also occurs in the
shared_ptr unit tests.

> Does anyone have a simple cpp file and an
> exact g++ command line that triggers the warning?

demo.cpp:

#include <boost/checked_delete.hpp>
#include <boost/exception_ptr.hpp>

Compiled with:

g++-mp-4.7 -c -Wall -I $BOOST_ROOT demo.cpp

g++-mp-4.7 is the g++ 4.7 executable on my computer.
checked_delete.hpp is included before exception_ptr.hpp so that it
isn't covered by exception's warning suppression.