Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Am I supposed to be able to use std::wstring inBOOST_CHECK_EQUAL?
From: Michael Goldshteyn (mgoldshteyn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-17 10:00:19

"Frank Birbacher" wrote in message news:jlqjeu$isg$1_at_dough.gmane.org...
>Hmm, my impression has always been the other way round: With gcc you
>can use all sorts of locales and character encodings as you like.
>While with MS you are bound to some single system locale, you cannot
>even convert to UTF8 and interoperability with other systems is really
>hard.

>Frank

Before saying that you cannot (easily) convert UTF-16 to UTF-8 on windows,
you should have done your research:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd374130(v=vs.85).aspx

See the CP_UTF8 (CodePage). Since Vista, it is even Unicode 4.1 compliant
and in any case, this function has been available since Windows 2000.

Michael Goldshteyn