Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] #6521 Directory listing using C++11 range-based for loops
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-20 08:55:01

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Olaf van der Spek <ml_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Thorsten Ottosen
> <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> boost::iterator_range<...>
>> boost::directory_range( const boost::path&, const boost::regex& toExclude )
>>
>> Especially for recursive iteration, it is useful to skip entire directories.
>
> That doesn't appear to scale. What if I want to have both include and
> exclude params?

IIUC, Thorsten's subsequent suggestion:

>>Remark: such support is probably most naturally added to the underying iterator
>>classes by storing some boost::optional<> variables.

was a way to address that. Regardless of how it is done, it would be
highly desirable to be able to compose an arbitrary set of filters.
Boost.Range already has the concept of a filtered range, so that's at
least a model if not something that can be used directly.

Thanks,

--Beman