Subject: Re: [boost] [uuids] On boost::uuids::uuid operator == performance.
From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-20 14:36:01

Hi,

Am 19. April 2012 18:58 schrieb Michael Kochetkov <michael.kv_at_[hidden]>:
> [...]
> I use boost UUID as global unique identifiers and I do compare them in the
> total majority of usages. I do admit I can misuse the UUIDs concept so I am
> just curious what have the boost people intended the boost::uuid to be used
> for?..

Planned to use it as a key in a multi index container that uses shared
memory allocators.. Or even as kind of property id for a tree like
recursive property value db. But I dropped that idea, and now I am
looking into something like boost::flyweight' (where ' stands for
the ability to store the map and values inside certain shared memory
segment) as a fast comparable identifier type for the property value
db.

regards
Andreas