Subject: Re: [boost] [context] [windows] Intel C++ and GCC Support?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-21 11:45:08

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 05:00:23PM +0200, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Am 21.04.2012 16:30, schrieb Joshua Boyce:
>> Unfortunately I can't use the MSVC command line shell with Intel, as
>> Boost.Build won't work with Intel unless it's run under the Intel
>> shell (and even then it's kinda flaky)...
>
> strange - with mingw and MSVC command shell it works

The intel toolchain has some strange file association madness going on,
where it's unusable outside of the environment that the command prompt
produces.

It might be worthwhile investigating what the command prompt does and
reproduce it in Boost.Build, so that you don't have the strange
environmental dependency that BB tends to want to avoid.

The typical fault you get is a Windows message box popping up asking
what program to open a 'rsp' file with, or something... it's been a
couple of years since I tried.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]