Subject: Re: [boost] [decimal] Proposed portable implementation ofstd::decimal
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-27 09:11:19

Licenses
> which require their copying in binaries and all supporting documentation aren't compatible with
the BSL.
> Probably just better (and safer) to provide a pointer to where the third party source can be
downloaded?

I fear John is right about 'copying in binaries' (how could this be possible?) but this all seems a
bit silly.

Surely this can't really be Intel's intention? Do we have contacts in Intel?

Can they persuaded to change their mind? Perhaps by giving explicit permission to include in Boost?

The documentation will in any case credit Intel with the copyright holder of the source code which I
am sure what they do want to retain.

Or is it not worth the trouble?

Paul

---