Subject: Re: [boost] question about C++11 guidelines
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-04 04:18:44

>IMO, every Boost library that has a counterpart in the standard should
>comply with the standard as much as possible and should use the standard
>whenever it is possible (that is the class/function is available and the
>library don't introduce extensions on them). Any deviation from the
>standard could be seen as a defect and should either be fixed or described
>explicitly as a limitation on the documentation.

If we do that then those libraries will wither and die, Boost authors should
be able to continue to enhance and expand capability, possibly with a view
towards the *next* standard. Besides just because the standard reflects
best practice right now, that doesn't mean that future tricks won't come
along that improve things further.

John.