Subject: Re: [boost] [complex] Feedback and Potential Review Manager
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-05 18:01:26

>>> 7) I hope to find time to test this code further with

>>> a tiny fixed-point class.

>> This would be interesting to test.

> OK. I will try very hard to make the time for it next
> weekend or sooner.

Matthieu, I have successfully tested your <complex.hpp>
code with a fixed-point template class. I used my own
Q15.16 fixed-point representation.

Everything works fine, assuming we modify your header
file according to the suggestions we are currently discussing.

It was a very fun experience.

I actually have complex calculations with 50 decimal
digits of precision and 4 decimal digits of precision
in the same file. Wow! There is absolutely fascinating
potential for generic numeric programming here!

Your complex<T> code also helped me find weaknesses
in my fixed-point code.

My test code is included this e-mail. I encourage you to
try to compile and run this test code. If you have any
problems, don't hesitate to contact me.

You need to simply call do_complex() and do_complex_fixed()
from main().

You need to go to the boost sandbox and get John's
<boost/multiprecision/...> stuff from the "big_number"
directory. My tests run OK with boost 1.49 patched
with our proposed Boost.Multiprecision.

My fixed_point.h, two util*.h header files and a modified
version of your <complex.hpp> are included. My fixed-point
stuff is not boost stuff.

Best regards, Chris.