Subject: Re: [boost] [coroutine]
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-08 02:09:23

> But how can you approach the dream of generic context switching?
> So you know, here I am. I would want Boost.Context for numerous
> GCC targets: Atmel AVR, Renesas V850, Renesas RL78,
> Cortex-M3/4. And the list goes on, as I use numerous embedded
> processors.

boost.coroutine uses boost.context for context switching and therefore you have to add support for the numerous architectures to boost.context in order to get boost.coroutine working on those CPUs.

> * Is there any documentation regarding the context switch?

take a look in documentation of boost.context

> * Are you specifically targeting preemptive yields?

no - it is cooperative

> * If so, is the compiler's calling convention taken into account?

of course otherwise it would not work -> ABI

> * Can the remarkable Boost.Coroutine be adapted to other CPUs?
> * How?

adapt boost.context for the specific architecture/ABI

> * Is Coroutine meant to be compatible with std::this_thread::yield(),

no

> * Can the user select the stack sizes?
> * How?

yes - one of ctor's argument