Subject: Re: [boost] [ot] choosing a build system
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-11 16:32:16

on Wed May 09 2012, Ivan Le Lann <ivan.lelann-AT-free.fr> wrote:

> I choose premake against CMake because I found it trivial to add
> something close to "usage requirements" of Boost.Build.
> (It seems premake might support that out of the box in next version.)

I think that's planned for CMake too.

> I did not really enjoy trying to add that to CMake.

Heh, you didn't have to. You could have used Daniel's Ryppl Cmake
framework on which the latest modularized Boost is based :-)

https://github.com/ryppl/boost-zero/

* The cmake/ subdirectory contains the CMakeLists.txt files for Boost

* The ryppl/ submodule contains Ryppl's CMake facilities in its
  cmake/Modules direcotry

But by all means, stay with premake if it's working for you. It would
be interesting to hear from you later about what worked (or didn't).

Cheers,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing