Subject: Re: [boost] [ot] choosing a build system
From: Beren Minor (beren.minor+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-11 17:43:26

> Going back to what you said, I quickly went to the Ryppl sources, and
> that is exactly what I meant. You had to write an entire framework in
> CMake language, wrapping the CMake built-in rules, to provide a such
> usable and high-level syntax to the developers so their project's
> CMakeLists files will be as easy to write as they were with
> Boost.Build. Basically, you've rewritten a Boost.Build like framework
> in CMake, as Boost.Build is written over Jam. I never said this to be
> impossible.

My first look was probably too quick, you are not exactly wrapping the
CMake built-in rules, but then you still had to add quite a lot of
CMake code around.
I couldn't find how you managed to create both shared and static
versions of the libraries with a single call to add_library, I will
have to investigate.

--
Beren Minor