Subject: Re: [boost] [ot] choosing a build system
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-19 16:03:35

On 05/19/2012 08:30 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Bjørn Roald wrote:
>> On 05/18/2012 10:24 PM, Boris Schaeling wrote:

>>> I don't know whether my presentation from BoostCon 2011 is anywhere
>>> linked from boost.org. Given that the lack of documentation is indeed
>>> a huge problem, maybe this helps a bit:
>>> https://raw.github.com/boostcon/2011_presentations/master/mon/Boost.Build.pdf
>> Thank you Boris!
>>
>> Simply put, this is by far the most friendly introduction to
>> understanding of the language and libraries of Boost.Build that I have
>> ever read.
> aaaaa... not quite. You should take a look at Boris's book on Boost
> http://xmlpress.net/publications/boost/
> Robert Ramey

That book is a friendly book on boost C++ libraries. I was talking
about bjam language and Boost.Build as a library of bjam functions.
AFAICT the book has very little to say about boost build, except for
what you really need to get going. So I think you may have misread my
posting. The book is great though.

--
Bjørn