Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Compiler error on VC7.1
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-22 14:50:55

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. <
jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden]
> >wrote:
>
> > I provided a sample to reproduce this issue. Has anyone had a chance to
> try
> > it? I'm still blocked and can't build....
> >
> > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Here is a small sample that reproduces the issue. Compile this using
> > > Visual Studio .NET 2003 and use Boost v1.49
> >
> [...]
>
> I'm not familiar with xpressive nor do I have access to VS 2003. Indeed,
> you might be hard pressed to find support for VS 2003...? Have you tried
> the same code on a more recent version of VS and/or on another compiler
> series (gcc, intel, clang, ...)?

I mentioned earlier that the same code works just fine on Visual Studio
2008. However, Boost is supposed to be portable, I think this also applies
to older compilers. We don't all have the luxury of working on the latest &
greatest. I was hoping the author would look at this, maybe fix any issues,
and provide a patch. I've tried debugging this issue myself but I just
don't understand boost's internals.