Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] RELEASE BRANCH REOPENED
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 08:11:00

On 23 May 2012 12:56, Olaf van der Spek <ml_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM, lcaminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> My point is that a truly put a lot of effort to meet the 1.50 target and
>> that is slipping away for miss-communication, which is rather unfortunate.
>
> Yes, the communication is bad. But the target for major merges is the
> begin of the release cycle, not the end.

To be fair to Lorenzo, he requested that we (the release managers)
look at his libraries some time ago, and I don't think he was warned
that they needed to be merged. I haven't checked up on them since, but
IIRC some of the libraries were ready, some needed a little more work
(and I think he understood what needed to be done). I possibly should
have instructed him to merge things that are ready sooner rather than
later, although I thought that went without saying.

I'll take another look at his changes later (or maybe someone else
will?), and consult the other release managers (this isn't really my
thing).