Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] RELEASE BRANCH REOPENED
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 09:21:21

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012, Eric Niebler wrote:

>> Would it be a major inconvenience to hold new features until the next
>> release cycle? That would be my preference, but I'm not speaking for all
>> the release managers.
>

> No, it wouldn't -- I can wait, but would prefer to merge my
> changes/refactorings in now so that the trunk and release branch will not
> differ by too much.

It is an issue of risk. How long have these changes/refactorings been
stable in trunk? How extensive were the changes? Were the changes
fragile or once they worked on your development platform, did they
pass all tests on other platforms? Have you done a local merge to
release, and tested the results?

--Beman