Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] RELEASE BRANCH REOPENED
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 18:00:52

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 May 2012, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Tue, 22 May 2012, Eric Niebler wrote:
>>>>> Would it be a major inconvenience to hold new features until the next
>>>>> release cycle? That would be my preference, but I'm not speaking for
>>>>> all
>>>>> the release managers.
>>>> No, it wouldn't -- I can wait, but would prefer to merge my
>>>> changes/refactorings in now so that the trunk and release branch will
>>>> not
>>>> differ by too much.
>>> It is an issue of risk. How long have these changes/refactorings been
>>> stable in trunk? How extensive were the changes? Were the changes
>>> fragile or once they worked on your development platform, did they
>>> pass all tests on other platforms? Have you done a local merge to
>>> release, and tested the results?
>> The main change is that I refactored the handling of properties stored
>> inside graphs, so it is somewhat extensive.  It did seem to work on the full
>> list of platforms relatively quickly.  I have not tried to do a merge
>> locally yet, but I'd do that before I committed any changes.
> Do the merge locally, and test on any compilers you have access to. If
> that's OK, commit the merge, but revert if any regression tests fail
> unexpectedly and the fixes aren't trivial or can't be applied right
> away.

I tried to do the merge, then realized that some of my changes depend on
TypeTraits Introspection which apparently hasn't been merged yet. Because
of that and trouble I had getting other things to work after the merge,
I'll wait until 1.51.

-- Jeremiah Willcock

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at