Subject: Re: [boost] Release notes for 1.50
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-24 11:24:58

Daniel James-3 wrote

> Hello everyone,
>
> It's time to fill in the release notes, they're at:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/live/feed/history/boost_1_50_0.qbk

I've committed release notes for ScopeExit (new features), LocalFunciton
(new library), Functional/OverloadedFunction (new library),
Utility/IdentityTtpe (new library).

I did not generate the HTML so please fix my QuickBook entries in case
there's any error (but they should be OK).

> Note that from now on, that this is on the live site, not the beta
> site. If you don't know quickbook syntax, don't worry, I'll clean it
> up before regenerating the page. You can see the html output at:
>
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_50_0.html
>
> It isn't automatically updated, so you'll only see your changes when I
> update it.
>
> But if that's too much for you, you can email me and I'll sort it out.
> It's probably better for you if do it yourself, as there's always the
> chance that an email will slip through the cracks, and it will be
> easier for you to fix typos and link errors later on.
>
> Also, please don't link to changesets in the history, if you don't
> have something to link to, just create a ticket, accept it and close
> it with a message like: "Fixed in trunk in [1234]. fixed in release in
> [5678]". It's also a good idea to add a more detailed change log to
> your library's documentation and link to that.
>
> There are a few outstanding things to do, which I should sort out
> before posting this, but this is at shorter notice than normal. I'll
> deal with them in the next day or two, so please have a little
> patience.

Thanks.
--Lorenzo