Subject: [boost] [range] Boost.Range induced regression, is there somewhere a change?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-25 07:46:14

Hi,

Is there something changed in Boost.Range?

Background: I just noticed that there appeared many failing issues
(yellow squares) in the Boost.Geometry regression matrix here:

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/geometry.html

I checked the assemble square and it gives me an assertion: Assertion
`id.ring_index >= -1 && id.ring_index <
boost::size(interior_rings(polygon))'

Because this did not use to be the case, I did run the test on my local
machine and it was OK. Then I updated some Boost libraries (manually,
separately) and as soon as I updated Boost.Range this exception did appear.

So the regression is somehow caused by a change in Boost.Range. I did
not yet research it further, it might be that we do something wrong here
that was previously accepted but now is not, but it still stays an
unexpected regression...

Is there someone who has any idea what introduced this?

Thanks, Barend