Subject: [boost] committing patches to other libraries (was [1.50.0] Beta schedule)
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-26 15:12:04

:: bump ::

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. <
jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> C++Now! is history, so it is high time to get the 1.50.0 beta out the
>> door.
>>
>> Branches/release is now closed for all changes except by permission
>> from a release manager.
>>

> Request to merge
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78501
>
> which just takes care of a shadowing warning on gcc.
>
> Couple things:
> (a) I just went ahead and made this change on trunk a few days ago because
> I stumbled into this warning myself, searched track, and saw that it was
> already reported and had a patch (indirectly) attached; in retrospect, I
> apologize if I stepped on anyone's (Jeremy's?) toes, and so I ask: Is there
> a formal or informal protocol for applying relatively simple patches like
> this one?
> (b) Along the same lines, assuming permission is granted and given (a),
> should I be merging this to release, or should that fall to the library
> maintainer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff

I was hoping to get some direction regarding the above before continuing
to; specifically, what should be done about this particular changeset, and
some guidelines for similar situations in the future. (I am aware of the
recently revised release schedule, so disregard the "request to merge" in
that context.)

Thanks,

- Jeff