Subject: Re: [boost] [pimpl] links
From: Vladimir Batov (vb.mail.247_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-26 18:49:56

> Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:
> Hi,
> where can I get the source and documentation for the proposed Boost.PImpl?
> The doc link points to a paper and the source link points to github.
> Best, Vicente

Vicente,

Unfortunately Pimpl got lost during transition of the Vault from its old
(http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/) location to GitHub. I am not sure if
that was an expectation that old-Vault source-code owners would need to move
their projects to GitHub-based "vault" themselves. I do not think it was spelt
out back then and I am not sure what current Boost GitHub-based Vault policies
are. Given I was not sure if there was sufficient interest in rthe proposed
Pimpl, I did not rush moving it to the new "official" location. Still, at that
time Sean Chittenden was kind enough to move the code to his own GitHub account.
So, the source can be found at
https://github.com/sean-/Boost.Examples/tree/master/pimpl/boost. The
documentation (the original article and quite outdated by now) can be found at
http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/205918714.

Best regards,
Vladimir.