Subject: Re: [boost] [msm]entry point pseudo states and events (Re: [msm]orthogonal region and event consume)
From: Takatoshi Kondo (redboltz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 00:55:48

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your effort and commit. I am really impressed at your
brilliant solution!
I modified my example using the new any supports.
See 41_FingerPrintExampleAnyEvent.cpp

It works perfectly.

As you mentioned, your solution not only improves the sub-machines'
reusability but also provides access to events.
This is something that I really want to.

Let me clarify my understanding.
msm::front::none is a completion_event. A transition that corresponds
to completion_event can be processed without trigger events.
Kleene event is not a completion_event. Therefore, it is not invoked
without trigger events, but any events are accepted as a trigger.
Furthermore, the trigger event is preserved as boost::any.

By the way, I'm writing the guideline for UML modelers. My goal is to
describe how to implement Each UML element into Boost.Msm.
Maybe I talked about it last year. And it is coming along some extent now.
http://redboltz.wikidot.com/boost-msm-guide

Thanks,
Takatoshi