Subject: [boost] [filesystem] Linker error against std::codecvt in VS2012 RC
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 05:39:41

Hi list,

I foolishly installed the Visual Studio 2012 RC yesterday night and made
an overnight build of Boost.

It seems like there's something awry, as I'm getting a mysterious linker
error in Filesystem's path.obj [1], even in a fresh empty testbed
project.

I'm linking Boost statically and the CRT dynamically. If I link the CRT
statically, the linker error goes away.

Has anyone else installed this software and can reproduce this problem?
I'm building Boost against trunk, r78785.

I dread to think of the horror that I will have go through in actually
reporting a bug against the runtime itself :(

[1] 1>libboost_filesystem-vc110-mt-gd-1_50.lib(path.obj) : error
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual int __thiscall
std::codecvt<wchar_t,char,int>::do_length(int const &,char const *,char
const *,unsigned int)const "
(?do_length@?$codecvt@_WDH_at_std@@MBEHABHPBD1I_at_Z)

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]