Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Beta 1 release candidates available for testing
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-01 14:39:59

lcaminiti wrote

> Beman Dawes wrote
>>
>> Release candidate files for 1.50.0 beta 1 are available at
>> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>>
>> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
>> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
>> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>>

> Looks good. RC builds with MSVC 8.0 on Windows 7 and GCC 4.5.3 on Cygwin.
>
> Tests, examples, and documentation of ScopeExit, LocalFunction,
> Funcitonal/OverloadedFunction, and Utility/IdentityType build as expected
> on MSVC 8.0 on Windows 7, GCC 4.5.3 on Cygwin, and GCC4.5.3 with
> -std=c++0x on Cygwin.
>
> I noticed a typo in the release notes:
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_50_0.html
> "Use variadic macros to specify captures variables as commas-separated
> lists (but kept preprocessor sequence syntax for backward compatibility)."
> Should read:
> "Use variadic macros to specify captures as commas-separated lists (but
> kept preprocessor sequence syntax for backward compatibility)."
> Note no "variables" after "captures". Can this be corrected?
> Also all library links in the release notes point to 1_49_0 instead of
> 1_50_0, is this exacted for now?
>
> Where/when can I find the documentation (HTML and PDF) to make sure it is
> correctly generated from the QuickBook files?

I just found this link:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/

It seems that here spaces are used in library names so for consistency
LocalFunction should read Local Function and Functional/OverloadedFunction
should read Functional/Overloaded Function on that Boost documentation page.
Can this be corrected?

Thanks a lot.
--Lorenzo