Subject: Re: [boost] [context] build and warning fixes for gcc on Windows
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-08 02:53:29

Hello Luke,

> This specifically relates to boost.context and cygwin's
> mingw64-x64_64_gcc toolchain with ml and ml64 from Visual Studio 2010.
>
> The patch attached is against trunk (rev 78752) for the following
> warnings:

<snip>
thank you for your contribution - I'll add your patch soon.

> The last issue I've had is with jump_fcontext and make_fcontext exports:
>
> Warning: .drectve `/EXPORT:jump_fcontext /EXPORT:make_fcontext 3'
> unrecognized

<snip>

> Finally, is there any technical reason why gas assembly couldn't be
> provided for use with gcc on Windows? Having to have masm available
> seems a shame, aside from the issues above.

the assemler code for Windows platforms is only provided for MASM because I want to support only a standard assembler tool for each platform.
MASM is provided by Microsoft and distributed with MS's SDKs, therfore it was used.

> I had avery quick go at it
> without success but could possibly have another attempt ...

the unit-tests on 32it/64bit Windows work for me?! do you have ml.exe/ml64.exe in the search path?

regards,
Oliver