Subject: Re: [boost] [context] build and warning fixes for gcc on Windows
From: Luke Elliott (lukester_null_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-08 04:35:05

On 08/06/2012 08:54, Oliver Kowalke wrote:

>>> the unit-tests on 32it/64bit Windows work for me?! do you have
>> ml.exe/ml64.exe in the search path?
>>
>> Maybe a misunderstanding - I was referring to my failed attempt at
>> hacking together a gas version of the masm assembly.
>
> OK :)
>
>> Using the masm assembly works for me, aside from the export issue.
>
> keyword EXPORT in the Windows asm is MASM specific

Sure but maybe still some misunderstanding :) I wasn't trying to use the
.asm files with the gas assembler... My queries about gas were just an
aside really.

masm assembles fine for me. But at link time (with the gnu linker):

Warning: .drectve `/EXPORT:jump_fcontext /EXPORT:make_fcontext 3'
unrecognized

And then the linker dies:

collect2: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted], core dumped

I worked around it as mentioned in the initial post, though I'm sure
there are better solutions!