Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Updates and Standalone Version
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-08 06:17:35

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Also you are right, it is good idea to check if it returns
> some other error
>

> > Thanks . Good luck with your future review.
> >

> Thanks for inputs,
>
> Artyom

Oh, while on the topic of error-checking, I have one more request...

Could you please wrap your calls to LocalFree/FreeEnvironmentStrings with
an assert of some sort? I know there's nothing you can do if the API fails
for whatever obscure reason, and the chance of it failing under 'normal'
circumstances is basically nonexistant, however I find it useful to have
the asserts as in some cases they have caught legitimate bugs in both my
code and the code of others (double-free, invalid handle, etc). At the very
least it would give me just that little bit of extra 'peace of mind', and
would have no effect on the speed of release builds.

Thanks again.