Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] VC11 Regressions
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-16 11:09:10

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Stephan T. Lavavej <
stl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Whoo, necrothread.
>
> [Artyom Beilis, April 2, 2012]
> > Because I can't find the reference to std::collate<char>::id or
> std::collate<wchar_t>::id.
> > Same for std::num_put<...>::id and std::num_get<...>::id
> > If this symbol is not imported to DLL and program what would happend
> > that they use different instances of the same id and cause crash
> > on attempt to use it.
> > I almost certain that this is MSVC11 issue or some configuration problem.
>
> Yep, this was my bug. I've fixed it and the fix will be available in VC11
> RTM.
>
> Stephan T. Lavavej
> Visual C++ Libraries Developer

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Sorry again Artyom for taking so long to get you more information. I tried
reinstalling VC10 a week ago and it kept erroring out (I assume because I
already have a VC11 build and a couple of lingering old SDKs installed that
are conflicting somewhere) so I gave up in frustration and decided to try
again once I uninstall the VC11 preview to install the VC11 RC. At least
now we can both save ourselves some time. :)