Subject: Re: [boost] Multiprecision vs. xint
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-16 17:43:21

On 6/15/2012 10:46 AM, John Maddock wrote:
> I other words I'm suggesting that there is an inherent coupling between
> the data structure, and the "optimal" algorithm.

I haven't been following this discussion and I know nothing about
multi-precision arithmetic, so this may be a wildly inappropriate
observation, but ...

... in the STL, when there is a coupling between data structure and
optimal algorithm, the coupling is broken by defining a base concept and
a refinement of that concept, and dispatching to the optimal algorithm
based on the concept modeled by the data structure.

Back in my hole now,

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing