Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Multiprecision review (June 8th - 17th, 2012)
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-17 04:49:47

Thanks for your detailed and clear review, Vicente.

> Hi, here it is my review which is a summary of the discussion
> we have the past week.

> The scope of the library must be stated more clearly,
> I don't think the library is able to manage with fixed-point arithmetic
> (as least as I understand it).

We can extend the docs, also as per your list in your review.

<snip>

> Even if the current state of the library don't allows me to use it for
> my fixed point library I guess that the authors will add the needed
> features before I could provide similar features myself.

This is something that I would really like to work---even if fixed-point
is slow in multiprecision. It helps prove the concept of generic mathematical
programming in C++. It would also show that we boosters are act as
a coherent development community by attempting to obtain uniform
treatment for non-built-in types.

Perhaps we can work together and get your requirements done
so you can plug your future fixed-point into multiprecision.

Thanks again.

Best regards, Chris.