Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [review] Multiprecision review (June 8th - 17th, 2012)
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-18 04:18:19

> I know very little about this domain and don't currently have a need for
> it, I've pinged a few coworkers who may be interested in this area.
>I have a couple of questions though, as one who runs tests, I am mildly
>curious how big the library footprint is (disk space, peak memory, compile
>times,
>runtimes, ...)? Many ET libraries can't compile in the 5 minutes nightly
>testing provides, will this be an issue for your library? Is the testing
>infrastructure setup to
>automatically locate dependent libraries (GMP, MPFR, ...) and enable those
>tests if found, or is this a manual configuration step?

Both compile times and runtimes are an issue, that said I am aware of the
testing limitations and have tried to live within them - exactly how
successful that will prove to be, will no doubt become apparent if the
library heads off to the test runners! As for dependencies - those should
be found automatically if they're in the compiler's search paths already.

John.