Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-18 15:29:27

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Ulrich, <dirkude_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I understand that Boost provides a possibility to disable the usage of
> C++
> exceptions and instead it provides a callback (boost::throw_exception())
> which
> clients can implement to catch any
> exception thrown.
>
> But that's not what i was looking for. I was more looking for a list of
> libraries which have kind of
> a "noexcept" guarantee (which would not even call boost::throw_exception())
> because their service is either fully at compile
> time or simply has no exceptional cases (as i would expect from
> Boost.Units for
> example).

Overall you're probably out of luck. As far as exceptions are concerned,
the only requirement that exists for Boost Libraries is that they throw by
calling boost::throw_exception, but this doesn't guarantee usability. It is
just a mechanism to enable Boost authors to enforce postconditions, that
is, to protect their own code from the effects of disabled exception
handling.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.