Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-19 15:11:24

> I am working on a C++ based project which forbids the usage of C++ exceptions
> but it is still preferable to use Boost libraries at least the ones which do
> not make use of C++ exceptions at all. I am especially interested in using
> Boost.Units and Boost.Math.
>
> Which of Boost libraries do NOT make use of C++ exceptions (i did not find
> such a list but maybe its already available somewhere)?

If you are using GCC in the project, you can also set some of the
relevant compiler options to *purposely* eliminate proper
exception handling:

-fno-exceptions -fno-enforce-eh-specs

This may result in smaller code and improved performance at the
expense of losing run time exception handling. Although this slightly
breaks standards adherence, these options are useful for projects
with dire performance and size constraints.

Best regards, Chris.