Subject: [boost] [exception] gcc 4.7 non-virtual destructor warning
From: Daniel Larimer (dlarimer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 01:40:24

/usr/local/include/boost/checked_delete.hpp:34:5: warning: deleting object of polymorphic class type 'boost::error_info<boost::tag_original_exception_type, const std::type_info*>' which has non-virtual destructor might cause undefined behaviour [-Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor]

Is there a reason why the destructor isn't virtual?

This only shows up when I compile with -Wall, which I like to do because it catches many important errors. Unfortunately, if I have to filter out boost warnings it makes it less effective.. particularly when the warning is actually about 30 lines long in my console.

Dan