Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 03:06:36

Emil Dotchevski-3 wrote

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey@> wrote:
>
>> Just look higher in the the thread for Emil's definition of
>> BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS.
>> This is different than the one in the documentation which has never
>> changed
>> and in fact is part of another library. This situation has lead to much
>> confusion as to what this macro means as noted higher in the thread.
>>

> Maybe you're confused because you're looking for a change that doesn't
> exist? :)
>
> The semantics of the BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS configuration macro have not been
> changed. If it is defined, Boost Libraries must not throw exceptions.

I don't interpret it this way. IMO, if BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined, Boost
libraries throwing exceptions or using try-catch will just not be supported,
which is quite different.
What I mean, is that this is not a library bug but a feature.

Could you point where it is written that Boost Libraries must not throw
exceptions when BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined?

Best,
Vicente