Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 17:41:26

On 20/06/2012 00:51, Robert Ramey wrote:

> I don't think that something I include from /boost - (other than a
> convenience header)
> should depend on something more specific like boost/exception,
> boost/serialization
> or whatever.

First, preventing interdependence between libraries is useless.

Second, boost::throw_exception is not strictly part of Boost.Exception.
It's a component from the very core of Boost that allows people to
disable exceptions.

Boost.Exception is a set of exception types with rich RTTI that allow
transfers between threads and arbitrary attaching of data.

They're different things, though they can be integrated to work
together, depending on whether BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE is set or not.