Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 19:55:35

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I propose you a different thing. Instead of changing again the name of
> boost::throw_exception, we can add something like
> boost::throw_strict_exception that will either throw the given
> exception or no throw at all depending on BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS as it was
> the case
> before the introduction of Boost.Exception.

Nothing wrong with this idea. It would address the situation where multiple
libraries are re-implenting the same functionaliy to avoid the extra
dependency.
(I'm not all that crazy about the name - maybe
boost::maybe_throw_exception).
So I'm on board with this if we can't get a concensus on fixing the root
problem.

Robert Ramey