Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-23 06:19:56

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. <
jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I took some time to dig up and read some earlier threads on this. Major
> deja vu here, yo.

[...]

> [1] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/05/136919.php
> [2] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/08/141187.php
> [3] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/09/142162.php

Okay, I was wrong in my inference/assumption/assertion that a broad
consensus had been reached regarding the Boost.Exception update of
boost::throw_exception. Another thread [4] I found suggests the issue was
actually not fully discussed prior to the introduction of the
boost::throw_exception updates, seemingly due largely to communication
problems.

Apologies, Robert, regarding this inaccuracy in the previous post; I'm just
trying to research the historical context of this issue :/

[4] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/08/141486.php

- Jeff