Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-23 15:52:47

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 06/23/2012 12:25 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
>
> From what I can find in the list archives [1], Boost.FileSystem also had a
>>>
>> similar issue with the requirement that thrown exceptions inherit from
>> std::exception. However, I'm not sure if [1] prompted the FileSystem-local
>> hook or if it was resolved in some other way.
>>

> All exceptions should inherit from std::exception. There is no need to
> involve the boost::exception type in your code to use throw_exception.

There were a few examples of libraries emitting exceptions that did not
derive from std::exception in violation of a boost::throw_exception
requirement.

This requirement was not enforced prior to Boost version 1.36. With the
introduction of Boost Exception, we got compile errors in the offending
libraries.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.