Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-23 17:55:55

AMDG

On 06/23/2012 03:24 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Kim Barrett wrote:
>>
>> (Note that throw requires the argument to be copy
>> constructible, so the described mechanism imposes no new constraint on
>> E by requiring copy construction.)
>
> So any boost library which previously
> used boost::throw exception with an exception which was non-copyable
> would break? I guess we're lucky no one did that.

As Kim noted above, this requirement isn't imposed
by boost::throw_exception. It's imposed by the C++
langauge.

C++11 15.1p5:
"When the thrown object is a class object, the copy/move
constructor and the destructor shall be accessible, even
if the copy/move operation is elided"

> thanks for explaining this. I would never have figured it without
> spending a lot of time.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe