Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-25 18:58:14

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Roger Martin <roger_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm unfocused on how an exception/class's members/properties fill in but
> at the final catch want it to be complete with exception message and the
> what-caused-it-from-where-info available. (With only one exception
> framework to learn and maintain).

A side note, it usually isn't a good idea to store user messages in
exception objects. Typically, messages need to be localized, and that is
outside of the scope of most of the application code, nevermind library
level code.

The user message is best formatted in the usually few places where the
program actually handles exceptions.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.