Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-25 22:28:36

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG

> I think that you've gotten so fixated
> on avoiding instrumenting the original
> throw site, that it's blinding to the
> readability issues with your solutions.

Well, I AM fixated on the requirement to instrument the original
throw site. I wouldn't have cared except for the way
it was attempted to enforce this requirement.
But now that I've been made to care about it, I'll state that
this is the fundamental problem with the library.
To try to impose such a requirement on the libraries on
application might use is not realistic. Boost is not the whole
universe of libraries.

My example was to demonstrate that was asserted to not
be possible is in fact possible. I'm sure if I had nothing else
to do I could make a more user friendly interface. But it
wasn't my task to do so. I wanted to make the machinery
visible for this discussion.

Robert Ramey