Subject: Re: [boost] [ratio] error in template specialization: template parameter n1 depends on another template parameter
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-27 14:10:08

Le 27/06/12 15:27, Krzysztof Czainski a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> In order to use Boost.Ratio with my poor compiler from TI, I had to apply
> the attached fix.
Have you reached to run the regression test after applying your patch?
> I suspect a more general fix would be desirable, should such a fix be added
> to Boost. However, before investigating further, I'd like to ask, if such a
> fix would be welcome, or is my compiler too poor to be supported by
> Boost.Ratio?
Yes, of course, I will apply a patch that works for you. The patch needs however to be applied conditionally to some define your compiler defines specifically. Something like

#ifndef __TI__

  template< typename T1, T1 n1, bool n1_is_0, typename T2, T2 n2, bool
n2_is_0 >
#else
  template< typename T1, intmax_t n1, bool n1_is_0, typename T2,
intmax_t n2, bool n2_is_0 >
#endif

and some documentation talking about the limitation should be added as well.

Please could you add a Trac ticket?

Best,
Vicente