Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 06:16:59

On 29 June 2012 08:11, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> The current deadline for new libraries and breaking changes is 9th
>> July, which is less than two weeks. If you do have a new library
>> that want to release in 1.51, you should probably let us know very
>> soon.
>
> what's the policy for c++11-only libraries?

I don't know. I guess the main issue is if it will be adequately
supported by our testers.

> i could make boost.lockfree
> depend on std::atomic to avoid that it will have to wait for
> boost.atomic forever.

It isn't in trunk yet, so I'm not sure if you'll have enough time for
1.51. The deadline is very tight. You'll really have to get in and the
tests running straight away, and you still might not have enough time
unless it goes very smoothly (the testers aren't that frequent, I'm
afraid).

Daniel