Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 14:15:24

On 29 June 2012 12:31, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> me neither ... i guess no one knows, because i've asked this question
>>> before without getting any reply.
>>
>> I'd take that as a yes. As long as you've asked on the development
>> list with a clear subject line, then you've given the community
>> sufficient opportunity to say otherwise.
>
> well, to me getting no reply, means neither yes nor no, but more a
> `don't know' or `don't care' ...

If we always wait for a positive 'yes' then even less things would get done.

> but the question is, how to disable the
> library for non-c++11 compilers? e.g. shall the tests fail or be
> disabled, shall the library print a warning?

Whatever you think best I think. I would be inclined to let the tests
fail naturally, and mark them up as expected failures, but it's quite
hard to do that for non-c++11 compilers, so maybe the tests should be
disabled? But it's up to you really.