Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 15:04:44

On 29 June 2012 19:37, Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I already suggested that Tim add Lockfree to trunk with only C++11 support, so you're arguing against the wind, I guess.
>
> And thus begins the downfall.
>
> One library will start to depend on Lockfree, and soon it's all a right
> mess of trying to get anything to work on a perfectly conformant C++03
> compiler.

It's only in trunk, we can discuss this before release (under an
appropriate subject line so that people see it....). There are a
number of possible solutions to the issue, but I don't think it's fair
to block an accepted library that is in condition. A successful review
process should mean something.