Subject: Re: [boost] Large Integer Library
From: Michael Tryhorn (mjtryhorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-30 10:44:28

John/everyone,

I have a few other features and benefits of the Boost.LargeInt library,
which may preempt some questions. I'm not sure how Boost.Multiprecision
compares on these specifically, but I thought they would help:

* All logical, arithmetic and bitwise operators in Boost.LargeInt
  have constant, O(1) complexity; except for multiplication ('*'),
  division ('/') and modulus ('%') which are O(n) on the number
  of bits in the respective large_int type. Hence support for non
  power-of-2 large_ints of 96bits, 160bits or otherwise may
  be used to improve calculation performance.

* All boost::large_int::large_int based types are comparable
  against long-type literal values. (These get an automatic
  promotion to a boost::large_int equivalent to service said
  comparison.)

* I've written it to work across multiple compilers, to hopefully
  make this available to all. My reasoning being that if it can work
  in GCC, MS Visual C++ and a rather old and somewhat temperamental
  copy of Borland C++ Builder then it should work just about anywhere.

Thanks,

Michael J. Tryhorn